A Drag and Drop Feature

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
drew

A Drag and Drop Feature

Post by drew »

It is possible that I use DC differently than most. It is used more to organize files than delete duplicates. Often find that I want to move an image from one folder to another. Or delete an image and replace it with an image from another folder.

If the duplicate list had drag and drop functionality that would speed up my organizing task tremendously.

That may be out of the realm of possibility, but it is a feature that I would gladly pay extra for.
drew

Re: A Drag and Drop Feature

Post by drew »

I realize that what I am asking about is more than duplicate cleaner was intended to be. What I am looking for, but have not found yet, is a program that is a combination of image sorter and duplicate cleaner. As it is now I use the sorting a capabilities of Adobe and the clean up abilities of Digital Cleaner.

Nonetheless, if I could get a response to the question that would be great, even if the response is "that's not something we can do".
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This may be similar to this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=996

You can move files in the list to a different location by marking them and using the Remove->Move/copy files functionality. I'm looking at more drag and drop as part of DC4.0, but nothing is implemented so far.
drew

Post by drew »

Similar yes, but instead of dragging files to another application I only want to drag files into a different folder within duplicate files window.

I did see the Remove->Move/copy files functionality, and while it does work, it is a bit cumbersome to use for moving individual files

Just to make clear, I consider DC a good value for the money, I am trying to find something that will make large-scale image sorting easier.