Suggestion and Comments/Feedback

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
sheister

Suggestion and Comments/Feedback

Post by sheister »

Okay I am going to try my best not to tell you my life story or how this incredible program has affected it for the better. But I will share that on and off for several years, I have been trying to find a program that does exactly what Text Crawler is designed for with no success. Frustrated with the endless scanning,copying , pasting, and replacing, I was at my wits end and simply gave up arriving at the sad conclusion I was alone with my need for a program that could scan text files for phrases and words and have them separated ect. Finally, I found Text Crawler and hit the ground running almost immediately after the first use. My productivity has grown exponentially along with the pleasure now of performing this task in a manner that makes a whole lot more sense. So what is my suggestion? Simply put, I am so overwhelmingly happy with Text Crawler that I would love to pay something for it. Not only show my gratitude, but to support the company who so generously offers it for free. Since my gratitude probably wont exceed the generosity of Dig Volcano or the thousands of folks their programs benefit, I will compromise and suggest a donate button somewhere in the GUI. If there were such a thing in my version 2.5, I would certainly forward a modest amount of US Dollars and PayPal is my preferred method of payment. I have a feeling I am not alone in my opinion that a donate button would be well used by many who just love your program. Many thanks again and please continue to recycle my thanks every month indefinitely. I will in the foreseeable future have a constant need for this program and now consider it an ally in the war to get the days duties done on time and with a whole lot less carpal tunnel. Come to think of it my wrists and fingers are also saying thanks!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion and Comments/Feedback

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the compliments! Glad you like TextCrawler.
It's development is pretty much funded by Duplicate Cleaner currently. We used to have a TextCrawler donate button a while back but it disappeared when Duplicate Cleaner went commercial.

A paid TextCrawler Pro version (with lots of good new features for the power users) isn't ruled out though.