Your Finding Duplicates Products

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
anishjain

Your Finding Duplicates Products

Post by anishjain »

Dear Digital Volcano,

I am interested in your product and have read your website. However, I have further questions:

1) Can I set rules, where not only I can choose to automatically delete the file with the lowest bitrate, but if the duplicates are exactly the same, there are certain folders I would not want to delete from. For example, folders with full albums. I would not want to delete the song from there, rather from the directory that has single songs. Can your product do this automatically after I set rules?

2) I understand your product doesn’t just look at the file name, but “listens” to every song. Certainly songs that are remixes will sound similar, but are not the same song. So, how can I ensure that deletion of similar songs are not deleted?

3) Does your application find duplicates for photos with different file formats, resolution, and file size?

Looking forward to hearing from you

I am not sure if I'll get notifiyed with a response. So, feel free to email me at:

anishmail1-ap1 @ yahoo . com

Thanks,
Anish
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Your Finding Duplicates Products

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for your interest -
1) Duplicate Cleaner has a selection assistant, but it doesn't currently implement the rule you suggest. You can select files with lower bitrates, etc in each group, but this isn't 'directory aware'. Something for us to look into.

2)Duplicate Cleaner doesn't compare similar audio, as you suggest. It scans by either ID3 tags, or exactly identical audio data. We did look into audio fingerprinting, but it there are possible patent issues in the US!

3)Yes, Duplicate Cleaner pro will find similar images - this includes different formats, resolution, file size, rotated, flipped, minor edits, minor brightness/contrast changes. It can also pick up similar photos (eg two shots fired off with small differences).

hope this helps!