Duplicate Cleaner 3.0

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Cleaner 3.0

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Bugfix release 3.0.2 available for download.
http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/downloa ... _setup.exe
Leea

Post by Leea »

DV wrote:The licensing is per user, so you are free to buy a copy and install it on your desktop, and laptop, etc. there is no restrictive DRM so your license doesn't get lost if you rebuild your machine.
Glad you like DC!
Leea wrote:Thank you! I'll be purchasing a license, and I'll also recommend it to anyone I can !! :D
DigitalVolcano wrote:
Paul McDonald wrote:Hello,
At that point a message pops up saying "Error building Duplicate Folders tree: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32" At this point I can't access any of the duplicates to remove them.
Thanks for the bug report - we've now fixed this issue (displaying folder trees with >2GB files), and it will be in version 3.0.2 which will hopefully be available tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, again!

Sorry for the multi-quote, but it all is related to something I thought you should know about... I wanted to let you know that I am loving the new DC, but I was having a folder problem like Paul was, so when I logged on and saw that you had the new version released, I thought "great, problem solved!!"

However, my anti-virus program [Norton Security Suite -- uggh but it's included with my Internet provider's package...] would not let me download the new version, and I thought maybe others might have that problem as well, so I wanted you to know. Basically, the issue with the download was from Norton's "Insight" module and it came up with a "HIGH" damage report for "WS.Reputation.1". According to Norton, this is "a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories."

Being an IT tech, and a long-time DC user so I fully trust your download, I just disabled my Anti-Virus, downloaded and installed the file, and then re-enabled Norton. I also logged in to Norton Insight and rated your site and the download file as "fully trusted" and a 5/5, which will at least give you a start for the "reputation" warning. However, I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to "update" your file records with Symantec -- their site says you can do that at https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/isv/ by the way. :D

I just wanted you (and any other potential customers!!!) to know that this site and the download does not pose any hazard, and is fantastic software...

Leea :)
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the warning Leea - I'll get in touch with Symantec. And glad you are liking the new DC!

FYI, I've just uploaded another update (3.0.3) with an important bugfix relating to Audio tag comparison.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

3.0.4 just released.
-Minor bugfixes
-French Language
-German Language

:)
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hello,

I just installed and try your new product Duplicate Cleaner Pro. I have three remarks:
1 - It is unfortunate that you do not are displaying in each group the percentage of similarities found.
2 - It would be desirable to have your image viewer can see more information about each photo and we have the opportunity to enlarge the photos to better see the differences.
3 - Make the pictures appear visually on the areas of difference would be a good thing.

Sincerely
Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Is the DC Pro - Support thread access automatically added after purchase or is it a manual event (for reference, I've purchased)? Is it still active? If so, how do I get access? Thanks!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Hi Zardozz,
We add you manually. Hope you enjoy DC 3.0!
Many thanks,
DV
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Pascal wrote:Hello,

I just installed and try your new product Duplicate Cleaner Pro. I have three remarks:
1 - It is unfortunate that you do not are displaying in each group the percentage of similarities found.
2 - It would be desirable to have your image viewer can see more information about each photo and we have the opportunity to enlarge the photos to better see the differences.
3 - Make the pictures appear visually on the areas of difference would be a good thing.

Sincerely
1 - This is planned for a forthcoming update
2 - What other info would you like? Most of the tags are displayed
3 - Good idea, something we will look into.

thanks
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hello,
Regarding point 2, I did not realize that clicking on a picture below, the detailed information appears above. By 5 points against:
1 - How does the button "Fit"?
2 - A bug in the display size of the gray background is seen.
3 - I wish I could view photos in bigger size or power zoom.
4 - Appears when you click on a photo below to view above, there is nothing to see which photo was displayed.
5 - It would be nice to be able to access a picture of his repertoire on the disc.

Sincerely

pascal
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Pascal wrote:Hello,
Regarding point 2, I did not realize that clicking on a picture below, the detailed information appears above. By 5 points against:
1 - How does the button "Fit"?
2 - A bug in the display size of the gray background is seen.
3 - I wish I could view photos in bigger size or power zoom.
4 - Appears when you click on a photo below to view above, there is nothing to see which photo was displayed.
5 - It would be nice to be able to access a picture of his repertoire on the disc.

Sincerely

pascal
1- The Fit button will zoom up an image which is smaller resolution than the picture window.
2 - Can you elaborate on this?
3 - Something pencilled in for a future release.
4 - it should say the current photo name in the status bar of the window
5 - You need to right click on the file and select 'show in explorer'

hope this helps!