Improvements to be the best program in the world

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Your sincere friend

Improvements to be the best program in the world

Post by Your sincere friend »

Only one thing is missing in your program, and is regarding the backup for the option to replace or extract.
You should add the following to create the backup:

- () "In the same place"
- () "In a different folder."

Now the options for "In the same place" would be:
- Define backup extension (by default. Bak, for example file.php.bak)
- [] If the file already exists [replace] [ask] [mark as only] (override default)

Now the options for "In a different folder" would be:
- Choose Folder.
- [] Create or maintain as the source structure
- Define backup extension (by default the same file extension)
- [] If the file already exists [replace] [ask] [mark as only] (override default)

And to make your program even more super good, you could implement a task manager. Here you can save the work I want to do forever. In each task are the actions that I make and in a specific order that I choose (for example: [SEARCH] (with its parameters: the source folder, filter, etc.) [REPLACE] (with its parameters: replacement text, case sensitive, multi line, backup options, etc.) [REPLACE] (with its parameters: replacement text, case sensitive, multi line, backup options, etc.) [SEARCH] (with its parameters From source folder, filter, etc.) [REPLACE] (with its parameters: replacement text, case sensitive, multi line, backup options, etc), ...).

I hope my suggestions taken into account, so your program would be the most perfect the world, thanks.
DV

Post by DV »

Good ideas, thanks.
The backup option exists - but your idea for an optional backup location is good.
The batch option does do some of what you suggest, but is missing the location/filter parameters. I would like to expand this so it is like a full scripting language but haven't had the time!