TextCrawler 2.0 Released.

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
DV

Post by DV »

Daniel - thanks for the comments - I'll see about implementing them in the forthcoming textcrawler update.

Fool4U - I'll check this out. .NET is sometimes a bit trigger happy with firing events off so it wouldn't surprise me that it is being drawn twice.
I need to update the forum at somepoint, maybe with user accounts (it currently only has a 'reserved' name for the admin). Then again, if i open-sourced it like i keep meaning to maybe someone else would do the work!
Thanks for your helpful responses to people on the forum by the way.
David

Post by David »

This version doesn't locate </head> in my Html file.
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

It's my pleasure. My responses are most beneficial to myself, as I learn the most of them. :)
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Is TC2.0 working 100% on Windows 7? I'm planning to migrate, but need to know if TC still works since I use it quite frequently. Thanks!
DV

Post by DV »

TextCrawler 2.0 works fine in Windows 7 :)
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad ... dex/page/1

On the Notepad++ Help Forum a user wants to find and delete files that do not contain a search word or pattern.

Currently, there is an option to Copy Selected Files.

It would be a convenient addition if files could also be Deleted and Cut or Moved to another Directory.

I guess, perhaps, it could also be another dialog with options to process the selected, or marked, or ... files. Take a look at Renamer at den4b.com to see a diversity of options to process certain files (selected, marked etc.) or change (invert) marks etc.

I guess the user might also have been helped if it were possible to work on non-matching files and delete all contents of them. It would not be so hard to select all zero-length files in an Explorer window and then delete them.

Another addition might be to have the Extract or Scratch Pad features work on the list of (non-)matching files, instead of on matches (only).