Limit to files in folder?

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Dan B.

Limit to files in folder?

Post by Dan B. »

Is there a limit to the number of files within a single folder upon which a search/replace operation can be performed on?

Can a series of search/replace operations be done in one pass and in a specified order - like running a batch of search/replace operations?

-- My reason for asking is that I am looking to replace the program I use now which will not do a search/replace operation on more than 1000 files within a single folder, and I have on up to 5000 files within the single folder. Also, I need to do a few different search/replace operations in a specific order on these 5000 files.
DV

Post by DV »

There is no limit to the number of files it can process per folder, so you should be ok there.

The batch tool allows you process a series of operations, in a specified order, on each file. The batching tool uses Regular Expression syntax by default, but with care you shouldn't have any problems.

Feel free to try the new beta of TextCrawler 2 (posted in sticky thread above) - the batch process is slightly simplified.