TextCrawler 2.0 Beta available for trying out

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
george

Post by george »

should add that there is only one replace per file.
george

Post by george »

I killed the process and did some testing. I am fairly sure that, since this replace required one for each doc, the generation of the list of docs with replaces choked the time. I switched to showing only those without matches, and much better. I would recommend allowing to uncheck both options, so that there is no list generated, or else truncating the list if over X documents are listed. At the limit you could write to disk and load it at the end.
W4tch3r

Post by W4tch3r »

I want to thank you and congratulate you. I have been successfully manipulating the ini of my favorite freeware (freecommander) using this program and its fantastic. I would *LOVE* to be able to pass Batch Commands and (single) target file in on the command line for a single shot series of search/replace commands. Even without this feature I have mentioned it in the freecommander forum. There is a longer explanation of my application there if you interested (hxxp://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2639), thanks,
W4tch3r
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks, glad you like it. I hope to add more command line functionality, and expand the batching to include custom startup settings, etc. This may wait until after the 2.0 release though.
DV

Post by DV »

george
-Are you sure those replaces (with no matches shown) worked? I've tested and there is a bug preventing the replace from running when the matched file is not shown... I've fixed this and done a few other optimisations which might help.
W4tch3r

Post by W4tch3r »

Indeed it did. I always use the latest build (check for it daily using a website change scanning tool) if that may explain why it worked. For the time being I have switched (for this application only) to a CLI tool but TextCrawler is still my favorite and I look forward to the updates.
boardtc

Post by boardtc »

The beta download link http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/downloa ... _beta3.zip is broken for me
dv2

Post by dv2 »

dv2

Post by dv2 »

Updated the above
*Preview replace option added (right-click)
*All replacements previewed on first pass when replacing in 'Preview all matches' mode
* Some other updates
ulm67

Post by ulm67 »

I congratulate them because the improvements are great, also would be nice if the new version 2.0 give us the opportunity to be translated into other languages such as Spanish, you have thought to include that option?