Suggestions for TC2

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Paul Litgo

Suggestions for TC2

Post by Paul Litgo »

Hi,

I have two suggestions to your super excellent product:

1.) Would it be possible to have an option to maintain the date of a file after replace?

2.) For all S&R I use TC, but there is a similar app called wildreplace that has some nice additional features that would fit nicely into TC: The ability to copy, move or delete all found files while also being able to duplicate the folder structure when copy/moving. WOuld that also be possible in TC2?

Thanks for your great work.

Regards,

Paul
Krystian

Post by Krystian »

It would be great if you could allow the user to customize the file extensions or if you added a *.* parameter to the filename filter list. I often do searches in many .srt files. There are many other formats that are searchable as text data.
DV2

Post by DV2 »

You can type any extension you want into the filename filter box, (eg *.srt) and it will use and remember them for the next session.
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks for the comments Paul - 1 is on the cards, 2 I might look into.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Great Utility.

This would be **GREAT** candidate for portableapps.com...
Paolo

Post by Paolo »

Great tool!
A suggestion: when you save a Find/replace in the library, you should be able to save also the "use regular expression" option. Otherwise it would be impossible to create a batch file with such a command.
(if there is a way to do it, I haven't seen it - if so, pls help me to understand how and forgive me)
DV

Post by DV »

When you run a batch job in TC1 you can specify whether it consists of Regexes or not by ticking the box to the right as ususal - unfortunately this will apply to the whole job.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Thinkig "pie in the sky" for a feature that would make this program even better (is that REALLY possible?)

Incorporate a way so that a "master" listing of all resulting lines from a search, from all files, can be listed in one master list.

Example:

File 1
Resulting Text1

File 2
Resulting Text2
Resulting Text2

File 3
Resulting Text3

Implementing my suggetsion:

In one window:
Resulting Text1 - File 1
Resulting Text2 - File 2
Resulting Text2 - File 3
Resulting Text3 - File 4
DV

Post by DV »

Darren - isn't this the same as the 'Preview all matches together' option?

Glad you like TC.