Directory protection suggestion

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Sam

Directory protection suggestion

Post by Sam »

I'm loving this software and it works just great win7/64-bit! I use SHA-1 as the scan comparison type. A BIG thanks for a great product!

Can you please add these to the program?
1. In the "Search Paths" area, can you divide it vertically and add a "Protected paths" area? With a button "Protect this path" (I try to keep my portfolio well organized and this keeps my main location the only place I need backup to my external disk)....NB: I know there's an option in the "Selection Assistant", but it's too buried and I usually like to protect 1-3 places depending (based on experience)

2. In the "File Sizes" section, can you add a drop down for KB, MB, GB? (or make it an option in preferences) My preferred option being MB as I'm usually more concerned with bigger files wasting space.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Also, it's currently a 32-bit program...is there any plans to make it 64-bit also? As sometimes it seems a little slow.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Also, while I'm selecting the larger files for saving space. It would be nice if there was a "{TOTAL} MB selected" in the status bar (just after files "{#} files marked"). xD
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

I would also like the scan results to tell me how much total space the unique files occupy and how much total space is wasted by the duplicates of them.