feautre request:: enhanced column functionality

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Emerson

feautre request:: enhanced column functionality

Post by Emerson »

I'm not sure what you're using to handle the grid element for DV2, but it would be nice if the user could right click on the header of the grid and select which columns they wish to display from a check list (like one can in explorer and many other programs) rather than having to rely on the buttons. The grid already lets you move columns around which is great, if it would let you simply hide them (and remember the preferences ideally) that'd be perfect.

While I'm on the subject, another nice feature (by no means essential) would be the ability to sort on multiple columns by ctrl+clicking. I know directory opus and a number of other file explorer/management programs let you do this with a little 1,2,3... that appear in the column indicating the order of precedence of the sort. The particular use case I have in mind is that with DC2 one often wants to sort first by group, and second by some subcriteria, say oldest > youngest (or vice versa).

I realize you can achieve the same thing by sorting on the date column and then sorting on the group column immediately after, but from a UI perspective ctrl+clicking provides a visual confirmation that you have in fact sorted things how you intended and allows you to easy reverse the direction of a sort.

Thanks again for all the work you've been doing on DC2!
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

Yes, indeed, it is already possible to sort on multiple columns by manually applying this to the columns in the reverse order. Perhaps adding the number feedback is a big step. I think it would be fairly easy to present the user a dialog in which he can "sort the order out" himself by either applying numbers or rearranging a list of columns.