Duplicate Cleaner 2.0 Beta

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Michelle (FR)

Post by Michelle (FR) »

and the final version 2.0, when?
DV

Post by DV »

My aim was to have it out by Christmas, but things have been busy and I've barely had time to work on it the last week or so. Watch this space.
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Hello,
Ive just found this app (v1.x from your site) today, it crashed every time when scanning my MP3 library folder, but now this beta3 v2 is busy scanning all my folders and has not crashed...
I did notice the audio options were greyed out though, not sure why.
Tx
Mark.
Erik

Post by Erik »

I didn't have much chance to evaluate the program, but on first sight, it seems to beat a lot of alternatives out there (I just learned of your program via a search for "duplicate finder").

Keep up the good work - when I get more familiar with it, I post some beta report as well...
สุคนธ์

Post by สุคนธ์ »

ok
DV2

Post by DV2 »

Duplicate Cleaner 2.0 is almost ready for release. I'm just working out some installer issues and squashing a few last bugs. :)
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

Will the Mark Assistent be more flexible and logical?
DV

Post by DV »

It's had a couple of text changes which may make it more logical. It's still flexible though i haven't had time to work on it more - hopefully there will be space to modify it once the 2.0 release is out.
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

OK, I've never had a reply to the email I sent, but please at least make sure that really only 1 file will be marked when choosing "oldest/youngest by date", instead of all version that may have that very same date. It's just as hard to still have to go through all groups of files to see if you still will have multiple copies of the same file.

Remember, the Mark Assistent would have to help you in such a way that performing the same search action would not have you find you are keeping a group of the same files over and over again, when you think you are only keeping one of them.
Brigalow

Post by Brigalow »

When released? and will the new release need net framework 2.0 to use the application?