Error adding path

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Ralph Giggey

Error adding path

Post by Ralph Giggey »

When I select a folder to check for duplicates, I get this message. I didn't always. It used to work great. I've
tried uninstalling and re-installing with the same result. I thing my registry might be corrupted. I ran a freeware
registry cleaner, which I've stopped doing. Is there a Path
entry in the registry? If so would you give me the info so I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Ralph Giggey
rgiggey@hotmail.com
DV

Post by DV »

Are you using Duplicate cleaner 1.2 or 1.3 beta?

At any rate, try deleting the whole registry entry for the program (Close DC first) -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DigitalVolcano\DuplicateCleaner

It should create a new one when you restart and hopefully fix the problem.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Thanks, DV. I'm using ver 1.2.

I uninstalled ver 1.2. Went to the registry and deleted all references to Duplicate Cleaner, including the entry
in your reply, and no apps were running. I re-installed it with the same result: "Error adding Path".

Any other suggestions?

Ralph
DV

Post by DV »

Strange! You could have a registry or corruption problem with a system library - it uses a system method to display the path chooser. I suggest trying version 1.3 beta - download link in the beta thread in this forum. It has a different method of adding paths.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Am downloading 1.3 as I write this. Will let you know
the result. Thanks, DV.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

RE: Beta ver 1.3

Everytime I select a path, I get the 'Error adding path. ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.' I click Ok, then Go with no problems. Even though I get the Error Box everytime, the selected path is always inserted into the Paths Window.

DV, like your new interface. Would appreciate your comments
on the Error Box popping up.

Thanks.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

RE: Beta ver 1.3 (second post for 1.3)

DV, another problem:

When I wrote the 1st post, Duplicate Cleaner was launched
from the Install Wizard with the Language Box with English
selected preceeding it.

When I launch Duplicate Cleaner from the shortcut, I get
'Error loading settings from registry: ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.' I click OK, then get the Language Box, click OK, then Duplicate Cleaner is launched.

And I still get the Error Box from the 1st post.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

RE: ver 1.2 and 1.3

When I hold the cursor over the file, the description says
Version: 0.0.0.0 - same if I right click, select Properties, then the Version tab.

The security code has the letters RPG, which is also the letters for a long ago programming language. What language?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You problems still sound like a corrupt registry - I'll check the DC code this end to make sure it copes better with this rather than giving the error you get.

RPG is an old IBM language for business apps!
Sumeet Patney

Post by Sumeet Patney »

Using latest version 1.4.7 I am facing an error:

Error in Check path list: ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.

----
Was working fine until now, suddenly the problem has now cropped up. Error still there after updating to latest version.

Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc