There are too many problems. Look at this forum

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
pnachtwey

There are too many problems. Look at this forum

Post by pnachtwey »

I have suffered from many of the problems listed.
However, I have my own problems. Duplicated Cleaner 5 does not open into a GUI. If I try again, it says the DC5 is already open. No GUI!. I must reset my computer to fix this sometimes. Logging out and logging back in doesn't always fix this.

I have never liked the way DC5 handles compressed files. It is awful and I don't recommend trying it. I have made previous suggestions that each compressed file be uncompressed into a temporary directory but this has not happened yet. I don't like the way that DC5 will remove files from compressed files. I now have too many compressed files with a length of 22 bytes which means all the useful files have been deleted. Compressed files should be protected by default. The reason why is that often a project is compressed into a compressed file. The files go together. Also the duplicates still exist somewhere it must take time to put the project files together again. This ai a huge fail. Don't use the compressed file feature.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: There are too many problems. Look at this forum

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Is the program starting off screen? This can happen if you are using a multimonitor setup and are changing monitors used. Does killing the program using the task manager help? It's quicker than logging off

Try using it with 'via windows shell' unchecked. It's more optimized and will remove entire zip files in one go if needed.

I'll add a feature request for an option to protect zip file contents.