Frozen Screen

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Emford

Frozen Screen

Post by Emford »

On my first attempt to save some space on my computer, I have done a search for duplicate files, and after a 21 hour scan, I was advised that there are 117600 duplicates!

However, Duplicate Cleaner has totally frozen, and will not respond to any actions that I attempt. I am lost after 21 hours of scanning. Where do I go from here? What have I done, or not done, to cause this problem?

I have taken a screen-shot of the info that I have, but I cannot attach that to this post!!

Pasting a link does not work, dragging the file does not work. Nothing seems to work very well, apart from the initial scan, which seemed to work very well over the 21 hours it took to complete.

Maybe you can please give me some additional advice on this matter.
therube

Re: Frozen Screen

Post by therube »

I'm not sure how you managed to get the "screenshot" in there, but it is not valid.
Thinking you need to host the shot, elsewhere, & link to it here.
(Kind of dated, & from a different forum, but... Posting a screenshot on the forum.)
therube

Re: Frozen Screen

Post by therube »

On my first attempt
Start small.
Get a feel for how things work, then expand. IMO.

If a scan completed, in particular with a long scan, I would Save the scan (including the scan results) [found on the Home tab].
Doing so should give you something to fall back on if something untoward were to happen.

At this point, before attempting to close or kill DC, I would make a wholesale backup of %AppData%\Roaming\DigitalVolcano.
(Can't hurt, & potentially could be valuable ?)

After that... ?