SUGGESTION (FULFILLED): Specific location search

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
KaminaJihat

SUGGESTION (FULFILLED): Specific location search

Post by KaminaJihat »

Good morning.
I will exemplify here citing the case of image files, but whose premise can be applied to other files.

I have an image (or several, inside a folder), and I have the objective of finding other identical or very similar images that are in other places of the PC.
What I propose is a search filter that does the search so that only images that are the same or similar to the selected one appear in the results.

This function is present in "Google Images", in which the user uploads a specific image on the platform, then Google detects the image and searches for similar images on the network.
It also detects a "part" of the image and offers results of entire images, in which this "piece" would be contained.

The indication of the file would be done in an additional tab of Dup.Clean, which would indicate the folder in the same style as the "Scan Location" tab, indicating a specific folder(s), but which would search in the indicated directories from "Scan Location", only duplicates of the indicated folder(s).
This tab could be called "From specific location", or "From Location".
As alternative, it could also be placed as a separate subsection within the "Scan Location" tab.

- Ex 1:
There is a specific image (or a piece of image) in a folder on the PC, so it serves as a parameter for Dup.Cleaner to search for other images equal (or similar) to that image within the PC.
- Ex 2:
Inside a folder is a group of some images where D.Cleaner would look for duplicates (in other directories) of just the images contained within this folder, ignoring all other duplicates/similars.
Last edited by KaminaJihat on Fri May 12, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: SUGGESTION: Specific location search

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can do this already -

-Add the folder with the input image(s) you want to match and set 'Find duplicates' to 'Master' or 'External only & Master'
-Add the other folders to search.

Use whichever mode suits - Image Mode in your example

See
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/duplic ... =&sct=MTA2
KaminaJihat

Re: SUGGESTION: Specific location search

Post by KaminaJihat »

DigitalVolcano wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:44 pm You can do this already -

-Add the folder with the input image(s) you want to match and set 'Find duplicates' to 'Master' or 'External only & Master'
-Add the other folders to search.

Use whichever mode suits - Image Mode in your example

See
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/duplic ... =&sct=MTA2
Wow! That is great!
The solution was already there.
It was faster than I thought. :D
I really wasn't aware of the functionality of this particular feature.
Thank you very much!