SUGGESTION: Audio Extensions

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
KaminaJihat

SUGGESTION: Audio Extensions

Post by KaminaJihat »

Good morning.
I want to suggest adding two audio extensions to the Duplicate Cleanner search engine.

- ".opus"
- ".ogg"

Thanks
See ya
therube

Re: SUGGESTION: Audio Extensions

Post by therube »

Options | Presets -> Audio / Music

I suppose you've done this already & would like them to be there on a default install.

As far as that goes, you could do something like:

Code: Select all

*.aac;*.ac3;*.aif;*.aifc;*.aiff;*.amr;*.ape;*.au;*.cda;*.dts;*.fla;*.flac;*.it;*.m1a;*.m2a;*.m3u;*.m4a;*.mid;*.midi;*.mka;*.mod;*.mp2;*.mp3;*.mpa;*.ogg;*.opus;*.ra;*.rmi;*.spc;*.rmi;*.snd;*.umx;*.voc;*.wav;*.weba;*.wma;*.xm
(culled from elsewhere)
KaminaJihat

Post by KaminaJihat »

The ".ogg" format, is really compatible in D.C.
Only now I saw it.
Although, as far as I know, Duplicate Cleaner does not support ".opus" format, even if I manually add the extension to the search list.

Rectify me if I'm wrong.
therube

Post by therube »

Oh, so you're wanting DC to be able to deal with audio length, tags & whatnot for particular file types (extensions), not simply having a particular extension turn up if you search for "audio".

Now what particular extensions the audio library can actually handle, that I've got no clue.

(I will note, that even Windows will not [even look] for meta data - depending on a files extension.
[Don't recall specifics, but maybe it was .mov vs. .mp4, & in the case of the former it simply did not bother to look, where if you simply change the file extension from .mov to .mp4, it would then see the meta data. I suppose that may also depend on the particular codecs in use. But at least in certain circumstances, simply changing the extension "made things work". (In the particular case, the file was an actual .mov, not .mp4.)]
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

• Opus isn't currently supported
    Ogg is supported
KaminaJihat

Post by KaminaJihat »

therube wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:01 pm Oh, so you're wanting DC to be able to deal with audio length, tags & whatnot for particular file types (extensions), not simply having a particular extension turn up if you search for "audio".

Now what particular extensions the audio library can actually handle, that I've got no clue.

(I will note, that even Windows will not [even look] for meta data - depending on a files extension.
[Don't recall specifics, but maybe it was .mov vs. .mp4, & in the case of the former it simply did not bother to look, where if you simply change the file extension from .mov to .mp4, it would then see the meta data. I suppose that may also depend on the particular codecs in use. But at least in certain circumstances, simply changing the extension "made things work". (In the particular case, the file was an actual .mov, not .mp4.)]
D.C is able to find "semi-duplicates" between "video files" and "gifs", by comparing the frames of one and the other (or comparing the thumbnails).
So I figured it might also be able to compare the audios between a ".mp4" and a ".mp3", for example.
If this is still not possible, then I leave this suggestion here on record.
It would be a useful device for the D.C.

I already tried this method of changing the extension, but apparently the DC does the search for codecs in the case of video (I don't know how the mechanism works in the case "video x gif"), so the result here was "no results".
KaminaJihat

Post by KaminaJihat »

DigitalVolcano wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:10 am
  • Opus isn't currently supported
    Ogg is supported
Exactly.
That's what I thought :)