Administrator Permissions

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
PhotoMemories

Administrator Permissions

Post by PhotoMemories »

I keep running into this issue, every time I try to delete, move or rename the marked photos it tells me I do not have admin permission, but I have checked all my permissions on my PC and told the app to run me as the administrator. Any ideas why it's refusing to give me Admin Permissions?
PhotoMemories

Re: Administrator Permissions

Post by PhotoMemories »

The window that pops up when trying to rename the marked photos says:

"File Access Denied"

"You need permission to perform this action"

"You require permission from "user name" to make changes to this file"

I ran as the administrator so what can I do from this point? It does not give me an option to obtain this permission that I can see.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does it do the same if you try and rename the file from Windows Explorer?
It's possible you don't have owership of the files, and need to take ownership

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/t ... e-explorer
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

I have not tried that...let me see.
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

Alright, I went to the link and the user it wants permission from already has full control. Now what? I don't know what other user I can give permission to. And we are looking at the originating folder, right? Where the photos reside.

The folder where the photos reside is the following:

C:\Users\kbecker\Desktop\AMMIES Photos new home

The owner is: kbecker (eLanguages\kbecker) and it has FULL CONTROL, and the pop-up window says: "You require permission from eLanguages\kbecker to make changes to this file"
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

I just followed ALL of the steps on that link you sent me and made sure that I had FULL CONTROL, but it's still not working. :(
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

If I cannot get the program to move/rename/delete files, I saved the scan, where can I get that saved scan? I searched the folder name I gave it when saving the scan but the PC cannot find it, is it embedded in the program?

I'm at a complete loss here because I cannot lose all the work done on this scan. You said to try to rename the files through Windows Explorer, I'm guessing you mean the files marked on the scan, right? If so, how do I find the marked photos?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can load the saved scan from Home page - the name you used should show in the drop-down box
See-
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/duplic ... =&sct=MA==

You can right-click on any file in the Duplicates list and select 'Show folder in Windows Explorer' to see it.
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

And once I find that scan, will I be able to see the "Marked" photos so that I can identify/name them outside of Duplicate Cleaner Pro?

I am still not able to get the program to allow me permission to do anything with the "Marked" photos. Can you help me? What can I do at this point? I need the program to allow me to do something with the marked scans and unless I fix the permissions it won't. I went through all the steps mentioned in the previous link you guys provided me and it still says I don't have permission. How else can I handle this?
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

Alright, so I did went ahead and followed these steps below:

Solution #1
If you are trying to delete a system file, or a file from a protected system folder, then Duplicate Cleaner may block this.

To allow the deletion you can uncheck the following setting which should be above the delete button:
Protect important system files/folders

It ran the process and at the very end it said: "Unable to calculate the hash: C:\Users\kbecker\Desktop\AMMIES Photos new home\Ammies Pictures\IMG_7411.PNG

I have searched for that photo in the folder and it doesn't exist. So I was able to get past the permissions but now I have this. I searched for that file on both the Duplicate Cleaner Pro app and in the photos folder itself, hoping to remove it so that the app would finally allow me to move the marked scans. So now what?