Cannot Calculate the Hash

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
PhotoMemories

Cannot Calculate the Hash

Post by PhotoMemories »

I am having issues moving duplicate files to a folder and the View Log File keeps telling me it cannot calculate the hash and then it names the original folder holding all the photos that I'm working on. Can anyone tell me what this means? How do I fix this?
therube

Re: Cannot Calculate the Hash

Post by therube »

Could you explain that in more detail - with screenshots?

I take it these are photos & "system files" (or the like)?
Anything "special" (odd) with the file names, lengths, or paths?

You're doing a Same Content search?
And which hash method?

The original folder is renamed to what?
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

Hi, thank you for responding. Well, it seems I am dealing with two separate notices and I am not sure which one is the actual problem. I tend to think it's the "Administrator Permissions" that are causing my problems. I have checked all of the permissions and have even told the app to let me run as the administrator but when I go to move, delete or even name files it tells me I do not have permission. I even had my IT guy that has worked on my computer check all of my permissions on my PC, folders, etc., but I keep running into this problem.

The next message I get when I view the log file is that it says it cannot calculate the hash for a particular photo, but when I search for the photos it says it's not there.

I have saved the scans, if I decide to try this on another PC, where do I find those saved scans? Please note that I am new with this program and am typically a Mac user, but I worked with this app and system because of a client.
PhotoMemories

Post by PhotoMemories »

Hi again,

to answer your questions below...

I take it these are photos & "system files" (or the like)? They are photos in a folder on the desktop.
Anything "special" (odd) with the file names, lengths, or paths? None that we can see.

You're doing a Same Content search? Exact search, the very first scan.
And which hash method? I don't know the answer to this...where can I look?

The original folder is renamed to what? I haven't renamed the original folder.