Download Link downloads a different software

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Brelyn

Download Link downloads a different software

Post by Brelyn »

The Duplicate Cleaner Link downloaded Duplicate File Finder, which is a different program. However, I located the Duplicate Cleaner at http://download.cnet.com/Duplicate-Clea ... 84403.html, which allows you to compare using MD5 and more. This is a much better program.
DV

Post by DV »

You must have clicked on an ad and not the download link. Sorry about the ads but I need them to keep DC free...
Biscotte

Post by Biscotte »

Ver 1.4.7. was very good. I went to install ver 2 and it wants to download dotnetfx35.exe - whatever that is. Estimated time 70 to 80 minutes. OK I have a slow connection but it is in the hundreds of meg. And I am gunshy of downloading something the size of microsoft office.
What is that all about?
mr.ttt

Post by mr.ttt »

thank
zzt

Post by zzt »

biscotte -
The .NET Framework by Microsoft. It should be on most up-to-date copies of windows. DC requires it to run.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework
Biscotte

Post by Biscotte »

OK Done that.
And installed the micro$oft beast that it downloads and updated the beast with further files.
So far so good.
Ran version 2 once - looks ok.
BUT, now it loads and does not allow any input. Cannot change search paths filters - nothing! Going back to 1.4.7
Biscotte

Post by Biscotte »

Just an update
Tried ver 2 again.
I unloaded 2.04 and then reinstalled ver 2.04. It is quite strange. It worked once or twice, but now � no dice.
It locks up without taking any input. I gave up at 15 minutes trying to get any control over the programme.
If you want any info other than it calls up micro$oft to report a crash let me know, but also tell me how to help out - what you want me to do, what to record etc..
Meanwhile as previously reported, I�m using 1.4.7.
DV

Post by DV »

Biscotte - Could the splash screen be getting hidden behind the main window and making the software appear locked?
Try Alt-Tab to make sure DC isn't showing any hidden windows which are locking the main screen.
Biscotte

Post by Biscotte »

Thanks DV - yes tried that. In fact I use the mouse sparingly for most of my typing and cycling from one programme to another I use the alt-tab keys just as you say. And no sign of splash screen. If i have time, i may try things out on another pc.
Meanwhile, I'll stick with 1.4.7 - works well enough (and I'll take care with the space bar!).