Selection Wizard � which Pattern is allowed?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
mos

Selection Wizard � which Pattern is allowed?

Post by mos »

Hi,

great software, very nice! But I wonder which pattern is allowed for filenames and folders in the selection wizard?
*tmp* and */tmp/* and *.bak is documentated but what is your selection method based on: PCRE, POSIX or your own?

I have to select files with _x before the last dot, where x is a number between 0 and 9. I tried '*_2.* but it doesn't seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thx,
mos
DV

Post by DV »

The selection pattern (in version 1.4.x) doesn't use regex, it uses something akin to the LIKE operator
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 71%29.aspx

chuzzlewit

Re: Selection Wizard � which Pattern is allowed?

Post by chuzzlewit »

Hi,
Did you get any answer to this? I have the same problem it seems - I want to select every file which ends in _1 (e.g. IMG88_1.jpg duplicates IMG88.jpg) but whatever I seem to do, it selects files witha "1" anywhere. Is the underline "_" a special character? Other posts point to a MS "Like Operator" page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 71%29.aspx but that doesn't mention "_" as a special character.

Any clues?

Cheers
Martin
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

The above info refers to an earlier version of Duplicate Cleaner.

The current version doesn't use the MS like operator. But you have found a bug! The '_' character is matching everything when in non-regex mode. I'll put this down for a priority fix in the next update. As a workaround using 'IMG88_1.jpg' with the regular expression mode checked should work.
Thanks!
chuzzlewit

Post by chuzzlewit »

Thanks, very impressed with your speed of response - I never thought I'd get a reply from such an old thread!