Subst drives cant be scanned anymore

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
RayGoe

Subst drives cant be scanned anymore

Post by RayGoe »

I use several external HDD and thumb drives to store data. Because I want to use this data on more than 1 computer and the installed software needs to assume a fixed location of this data, I use the SUBST command to create a B: drive, this drive is created on the wishes of the required software through a batch drive.

When I used V3.2.1 there was no issue with this, the images, ebooks, MP3 and other data were scanned without issues, even deletion was no issue (if the file wasnt write protected), in V3.2.3 the subst drive has disappeared from the drive overview in Duplicate Cleaner (but it is visable and accessable in windows) and it reports an error when I try to perform a check on my B (subst) drive.

Because of this I need to change the search paths to all the different drives that can be connected.

It is not a real bug, but it is a missing feature that was availlable in a previous version.

Is it possible to have this feature to be restored.
therube

Re: Subst drives cant be scanned anymore

Post by therube »

Looks to be working for me?

> SUBST B: \TMP\1099

Open Duplicate Cleaner 3.2.3 (free), & B:\ is listed as a scan location.
It can be added to the Search Path.
And does scan & find dups.

Close Duplicate Cleaner

> SUBST B: /D

Open Duplicate Cleaner.
B: is no longer shown as an "Available Folder" (as expected).
RayGoe

Post by RayGoe »

After a system reboot the B drive is again listed in the availlable drives.

Issue seems to be resolved, but is very strange that after a software update this effect emerges.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Yes, must have been a system issue. There haven't been any changes between 3.2.1 and 3.2.3 that would have changed this. Sometimes you need to click the 'Refresh folders' button to the right of the list to show new drives.