Can't Delete or Edit Custom Search Filter

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
green.prospector

Can't Delete or Edit Custom Search Filter

Post by green.prospector »

Ref. Duplicate Cleaner Pro 3.2.3 - 64 bit, on the Search Criteria tab, in the Search Filters section

I have created some custom lists of file extensions to use as Included File Filters. I did this by entering a list of file extensions into the Included drop down history box using the same format as the lists built into Duplicate Cleaner Pro, clicking the Select button, then clicking the Save Custom button. Now my list appears in the same drop down menu containing Documents, Pictures, Audio/Music, Video, and Everything, which appears when the Select button to the right of the Included drop down history box is clicked.

One of my lists contains an error and some are not needed, but I can't find a way to delete them. It appears that the Filter lists are included in the binary database file DuplicateCleanerPro.data and therefore can't be deleted manually without understanding the database structure.

This missing functionality appears to be an oversight that perhaps slipped in when updating the program to use a database. If I have missed something, please point me in the right direction so I can clean up my filters. If this is really a missing capability, please advise if this functionality will be included in a future update to the program.

Thank you. I have accumulated duplicate files as I backed up and transferred from computer to computer over the past many years and this week I've deleted many GBs contained in hundreds of thousands of files. The Match Audio Data only has been awesome as I have transferred music from the old computer to a new computer, then retagged the files so they only appear as duplicates using this feature. I love this program! :D
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Can't Delete or Edit Custom Search Filter

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Glad you like it!
This is missing functionality. The database is not user editable so the only solution is to wait for an update. I've added this to the 'to-do' list for the next minor update, so you should get the feature you need soon.
green.prospector

Re: Can't Delete or Edit Custom Search Filter

Post by green.prospector »

Thank you! :D

Over the years I have cautiously kept copies of files, made backups of various sorts, put copies on cloud servers, and otherwise proliferated unnecessary copies as I changed computers, upgraded software, changed software, shared files, etc. Duplicate Cleaner is doing doing an awesome job of helping me identify and deal with these. I've deleted hundreds of thousands of duplicate files that are already safe because they are in a current backup. I don't need those duplicates!! I have cleared tens of Gigabytes on one drive. I both delete and hardlink files. I've done my music, and will soon be on to pictures. I've done a few pix so I have a feel for what settings I will use. DC Pro is doing an awesome job of organizing, cleaning up, and tidying my filesystem! It's one of my favourite utilities. Thanks :!: