"Don't scan against self" issue in 3.2.x

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
econn

"Don't scan against self" issue in 3.2.x

Post by econn »

When I select "Don't scan against self," duplicates don't show up like the used to in previous versions. I'll try my best to explain what I mean, but it's a little confusing.

I compare Folder A to Folder B in my settings. Folder B contains subfolders Folder C and Folder D, which each contain an identical file, File A. If I mark Folder B as "Don't scan against self," the program will only show me one duplicate of File A existing, even though it's in two folders. I have to run the search again to find File A if I delete it in the first search.

Is there a new option that I'm missing that it won't scan against self AT ALL when "don't scan against self" is checked?

Thanks a lot.
econn

Re: "Don't scan against self" issue in 3.2.x

Post by econn »

Sorry, File A is in all folders, so in the results I used to see three versions of File A. In 3.2.2, I only see Folder A and Folder C as duplicates, but not Folder D.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This works fine for me - I get the three files when 'don't scan' is set to folder B.
Is it possible for you to tell me the exact file/folder structure causing the problem? Are there other files in there?

thanks!
econn

Post by econn »

I had been working with folders on a server and tried to recreate it locally and was successful. I made an "A" and "B" folder in a folder "test", with a "C" and "D" folder inside of "B", all with identical files inside. It only shows A and C having duplicates if I have B marked as "don't scan against self" and not "D".

It isn't any file in particular that's giving me issues, it's all of them. I am only really working with JPG's in Image Mode. I just tried to use Regular Mode, and it shows all the files when I select "Ignore Content". Hope that helps. Thanks.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks, I'll re-test it in image mode.
econn

Post by econn »

Great, thanks so much. Love the updates recently. This program really is a life/sanity-saver for me!!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Confirmed this issue (Image mode). I've scheduled a fix for v 3.2.3