Directory tree not expanding

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
WacoJohn

Directory tree not expanding

Post by WacoJohn »

DC 3.15 on Windows 7 -64 The directory tree will not show all options for expanding the tree. See Image.

All folders on P: have child folders .. but some have no + to expand them.
Q: should also expand to several folders .. but no + to expand them.

Tested on other computers . same problem on each.

P: and Q: are POGOPLUG drives .. for what it's worth. These are 'networked' drives .. a la Pogoplug.

I seem to recall Duplicate Cleaner working properly on these drives in the past ... but maybe not. Can't be sure. I do think so.

Windows Explorer displays all drives properly.
dupe.PNG
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Directory tree not expanding

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does running Duplicate Cleaner as administrator help? (right-click on shortcut, select 'Run as Administrator').
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

DigitalVolcano wrote:Does running Duplicate Cleaner as administrator help? (right-click on shortcut, select 'Run as Administrator').
Thank you for your attention. Sorry for my delayed reply. I failed to check 'notify'. Running as administrator makes no difference :(

Edit: I should also mention, since starting this thread, I have purchased and installed PRO. If you wish to move thread to that forum, fine with me.

DC Pro, v 3.1.5
therube

Post by therube »

POGOPLUG drives ... These are 'networked' drives
Is this a "local" (LAN) network, or are they "networked" across the Internet, i.e., no actual local storage, only stored "in the cloud"?
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

therube wrote:
POGOPLUG drives ... These are 'networked' drives
Is this a "local" (LAN) network, or are they "networked" across the Internet, i.e., no actual local storage, only stored "in the cloud"?
I have two physical hard drives sitting on a pogoplug device at the router. they appear in windows explorer as local drives P: and R:. I DO subscribe to pogoplug cloud but only to back up two huge folders off of a 'real' local drive H: which is usb connected to this laptop I am typing on right now.

Duplicate Cleaner Pro shows both P: and R: (as well as all others) ... and all drives expand into their 'tree' except P: ... expands to SOME but not all, and to different tree 'levels' on those that do expand (hope that makes sense) ... and R: which will not expand at all. See attachment above.

I hope I have answered your question ... and thank you for your help.
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

If DC used to work correctly, and I am pretty sure it did .. I really need the current version to work also Any comments????
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Hi,
I'm still not sure what's causing this. The 'Directory Tree' code hasn't changed since version 2.0 so I don't think any recent changes has broken it.
It checks for the existence of directories when opening each branch of the tree. Could the drive connection be intermittent? Is it always the same folders missing?
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

DigitalVolcano wrote:Hi,
Could the drive connection be intermittent?
No evidence of connectivity problems.
Is it always the same folders missing?
Yes, Sir and only with 'Pogo Plug' drives. Must have to do with their technology. Forgive my repetition, but here is another graphic example.
Untitled.png
therube

Post by therube »

WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

That is a 'feature' that Pogoplug eliminated .. and it upset a lot of customers. They used a client update to eliminate. Before that, you would get a W. Explorer folder for your cloud files, and each 'remote' hard drive attached to their networking device. Now .. you can only view your cloud files online.

I don't think that is related to my problem though since DC does show the drives ... and even some of the 'tree' for one of them.

It's a shame because those two drives are those for which I want to most avoid duplicates.