best practice - learning DCP

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
bsacco

best practice - learning DCP

Post by bsacco »

Is there a tutorial on how to use DCP?

There seem to be too many options/features and not enough case study instruction on how to use the program to do a specific task.

For example, I need to discover the fastest possible way of finding all the duplicates between two different hard drives?

I've been doing it manually and it's taking forever.

Can anyone assist?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: best practice - learning DCP

Post by DigitalVolcano »

To find duplicates between two different drives-

Use:
-Regular Mode
-Same Content

Add both drives/folders to the 'folders to search' list and set them both to 'Find Duplicates->External only'.
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

Yes, but what are all the settings I need to enable? You are providing instruction superficially. That is, novice people like myself get lost in all the mass features of settings within the program. For example, there a bunch of settings like Status, protected, scan subfolders, show remaining /unique files. We newbies get lost real fast. This is why you need screen shots where you call out ALL the fEATURE settings to get a specific task done. Otherwise your NOVICE USERs get lost.

In addition, you are omitting all the post -actions that need to be done like selecting the dupe files. For example, I'm confused what is the difference between Duplicate files vs. Remaining files vs. Duplicate Folders. This is not explained thus leaving me confused.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This should all be in the manual - for example the scan location page is explained below.
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/duplic ... =&sct=MA==