Almost No support from Digital Volcano for Duplicate Cleaner

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
bsacco

Almost No support from Digital Volcano for Duplicate Cleaner

Post by bsacco »

Why don't you list simple step-by-step tutorials for people using your software like the following:

1) People who buy your software because their family photos are a mess and have tones of duplicates?

2) People who buy your software because their music are a mess and have tones of duplicates?

3) People who buy your software because they have a ton of regular file duplication across their PC?

Why not list a simple easy-to-follow step by step process of how to to do these things, show what modes to use , what to check box in the features.

Some of your videos on your YouTube channel are over 10 years old! They don't even have the SAME INTERFACE as today's version.

HOw about some support Digital Volcano? Really. Is it too much to ask? Geeze!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Almost No support from Digital Volcano for Duplicate Cleaner

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Yep - I need to add more videos. There's only one of me so I tend to spend most of the time updating/fixing DC and working on the upcoming TextCrawler 4 and Duplicate Cleaner 6.

There are videos for version 5 here: (not linked from main site)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... jiKrx4UULM
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

If your company is only one person then I would recommend the need for you to post simple step-by-step instructions with screenshots of the settings for your customers.

For instance, I have over 500,000 family photos, and many of them lost their metadata, which requires deduplication.

How does one proceed in using your tool?

Do I put all 500,000 individual files (without folders) into one folder and run your tool?

Why run it in Regular mode when you have an image mode?

What are the settings I need to run?

Am I using your tool correctly and efficiently?

I also have a large music collection that is already in folders. Can I use your tool to find dupes and what mode do I run? Regular or Music? WHat are the settings? Can it find dupes even if there is a folder structure in place?

If you can provide a simple how to with screenshots it would be much appreciated because your tool is good but it is UNDER UTILIZED because of the simple instructions.

Do you understand this?

Can you help us out?

Best, bob
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

There are hundreds of different ways of using the tool. No particular way is the definitive one.
It's a huge area: people run courses on how to effectively clean up collections of personal files, many using Duplicate Cleaner (google: photo organizing course)
For example: https://megabytememories.com/digital-photo-organizing/

Why run it in Regular mode when you have an image mode?
Regular mode is useful for finding exact copies of files, and good thing to use on a 'first pass' to weed out exact file duplicates. Image Mode is for when metadata or cropping on a photo might differ. Where it is a 'similar' rather than an exact match.

I'll see if I can come up with a general process for an image collection (step by step).