CBZ/CBR Support

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
IndirectLiterature

CBZ/CBR Support

Post by IndirectLiterature »

Hey guys, really like the software.. it's quite effective. But i've found one point that i'd love to ask..
CBZ and CBR are comic book reader files, but all they are zip and rar files respectively full of images, and maybe a txt/xml file with some metadata (totally optional, does not index/hash/etc).
I'd love to be able to scan a folder of these files and find duplicate images within them the same way i'd scan a group of ZIP/RAR archives without having to expand them all, scan and dedupe, and then re-zip and change the file extensions.

any chance of seeing these file types supported similarly to their archive bases in a future version?
therube

Re: CBZ/CBR Support

Post by therube »

Agreed (in concept).

"Archive" includes any number of formats already, but does not account for cases where a "zip" is not named, ".zip".
A method to extend the file types accepted as "zip" (as "archive"), like you can do with "Preset - File filter", would help some.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Yes, there are several cases where people want certain filenames to act as zip files.
It's probably best to add this as a custom setting in the presets area. I'll add it to the list!
IndirectLiterature

Post by IndirectLiterature »

After some think time last night, i streamlined my process a bit to just temporarily renaming the files to .zip, running the de-dupe, and then naming them back.. but adding this feature will definitely cut down a lot of work on the library in the long run.

can't wait for the solution to roll out!