SUGGESTION: "Audio - Similar" comparison - "video x audio" extensions.

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
KaminaJihat

SUGGESTION: "Audio - Similar" comparison - "video x audio" extensions.

Post by KaminaJihat »

I would like to post a suggestion for Duplicate Cleaner:

"Audio data comparison between video and audio extensions."

I often download videos from podcasts from some channels.
It happens that some have presentations of graphs, images, etc., throughout the program, while others have only the speech/explanations of the presenter.

I have several of these podcasts downloaded in both 360p and audio versions (which I downloaded via JDownloader).
Several are expendable, videos that do not present any relevant visual information, but whose audio lecture I would like to preserve.

They would be like "semi-duplicates", since the only similarity between them is that they have the same audio.

However, the search criteria of "Audio - Similar" that apply in "Video Mode", unfortunately do not carry out the joint search of audio files.
DupCleanner in the "video mode" criterion only performs audio comparisons between "video x video" files, but not between "video x audio".
An example: ".mp4" files are not compared to ".mp3" (or ".opus"), even when they have the same audio (with extensions like ".webm", common on youtube, the same thing happens).

If you can create the "Video x Audio" subtype to add it to the "Audio - Similar" search criteria, it would be one more step forward in this program, which is already incredible in itself.

Thank you for your attention
See ya
therube

Re: SUGGESTION: "Audio - Similar" comparison - "video x audio" extensions.

Post by therube »

Just to point out, if you've downloaded a "video" & all you want is the audio, you can pull that out separately, losslessly.
(And with that you'd have audio/audio to compare against.)

And of course, if you know ahead of time that you won't need the video then you may be able to download only the audio part.
KaminaJihat

Re: SUGGESTION: "Audio - Similar" comparison - "video x audio" extensions.

Post by KaminaJihat »

Why use Duplicate Cleaner if i can do all the work manually, right? 8-)

That was funny...lol