Minimizing Duplicate Cleaner Pro windows

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
gvanblaricum

Minimizing Duplicate Cleaner Pro windows

Post by gvanblaricum »

I would like the option to minimize both the main window and the "Performing Duplicate Checks" window when a search is running. Keeping both filling much of the screen is annoying when I want to be running other programs.

Have I missed a capability that's there already?

Glenn
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Minimizing Duplicate Cleaner Pro windows

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can click the button with the downward pointing symbol towards the top right of the pop up scan window- that should minimise both
gvanblaricum

Post by gvanblaricum »

Thanks for the reply. I tried the "V" button--which is a bit difficult to read because it is black on dark blue--and it does minimize the scanning page. However, it leaves the main page displayed and essentially frozen in place.

I'm running WIndows 7 Pro 64 that's up to date. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere that minimizes both windows when the "V" button is clicked as you indicate in your reply?

Glenn
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

It should minimise both- however there are reports that this doesn't work on all setups .
This Will be addressed in the next update!
gvanblaricum

Post by gvanblaricum »

Thanks for the reply.

I'll look forward to an update.

Glenn
sync1553

Post by sync1553 »

I realize this is an extremely old thread. But this same issue exists in Duplicate Cleaner Pro 5 Version 5.18 running on Windows 10.

When creating a virtual folder, or scan, the status window that pops up can be moved or minimized. However, the main Duplicate Cleaner Pro window cannot be minimized, resized or moved. So if, for instance, you had the main window maximized, it will cover your entire desktop and cannot be moved or minimized until the scan is complete.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I've listed this for fixing