not getting filtered search results I'm expecting

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
bsacco

not getting filtered search results I'm expecting

Post by bsacco »

I'm de-duping my music collection but the search result filters are working up to a point but then they stop and I'm left witt two files that are exactly the same in the group and neither of them is marked for deletion. Please advise.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: not getting filtered search results I'm expecting

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Probably need a bit more detail here - is this the filters in the duplicate list view? Which filters? Do you mean the Selection Assistant?
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

Yes, selection assistant.

Also, not sure about best practices as well. Should I be doing exact match first, then first two minutes, then the next lower/looser filter, kind of like straing the result through each filter until I get zero dupes? Is this how best to use this product?
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

Hello, anyone there??

I bought this product a few days ago and I'm finding the support on this forum to be less than expected. Almost non-existent. Not sure if others feel that way. But my questions have been ignored. Just wondering why you would treat brand new customers that way?

-bob sacco
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

Yes, still awaiting for some response from the company that owns Duplicate Cleaner 5.

Had I known the support was like this I might have reconsidered when purchase time came around. Just sayin… anyone considering purchasing this product please learn from my real-time experience…. Of course that is until they kick me off the forum for requesting support… keep watching this post….
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Sorry for slow response - there's only one person here (support via the portal tends to be faster).

That's a good way of using it (tight criteria first to weed out exact duplicates, then getting looser).

So with the Selection Assistant you are getting a group which isn't marked at all because they are identical? Which SA settings are you using? (All but one each group will always mark at least one).
bsacco

Post by bsacco »

what portal???