Feature Request: Allow users to select different "Find Duplicates" options for all folders being searched

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
visusys

Feature Request: Allow users to select different "Find Duplicates" options for all folders being searched

Post by visusys »

I use this feature a lot, specifically the "Internal Only" search method. However when I'm searching through 10-50 folders at a time, I have to click the drop-down and select "Internal Only" for every folder. This eats a ton of time. Since a picture is worth a thousand words here's what I'm talking about:

I think just allowing us to shift-click to select all folders, and then when the dropdown item is selected DC5 should change the setting for all folders selected instead of just the current folder. I don't see this change being difficult to implement, and it would save so much time (for me at least)

I'm begging here, please implement this. :)

Thanks for the great software.

Jay
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Allow users to select different "Find Duplicates" options for all folders being searched

Post by DigitalVolcano »

It's already there - try the right-click context menu on the selected files and open the 'Find duplicates' submenu!
therube

Re: Feature Request: Allow users to select different "Find Duplicates" options for all folders being searched

Post by therube »

Took me a bit to understand what you meant.

In the Scan Location tab, you are able to select wanted directories, & once selected, the context-menu has a Folders sub-menu where the OP can than do as requested.