Feature Request: Add delete button to the toolbar or somewhere outside of the tab.

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
visusys

Feature Request: Add delete button to the toolbar or somewhere outside of the tab.

Post by visusys »

I have a small feature request that would make things much easier with respect to deleting selected files.

After scanning for duplicates and marking files for deletion, you first have to switch to the deletion tab, and then click delete. A small change would make this process more fluid, and it's something I miss from DC4.

Is it possible for your team to add a delete button to the top toolbar when "Show Toolbar" is enabled? Or maybe in the toolbar after a scan?

I've included a Dropbox link with a series of mock-ups that I created to show what I mean (I'm a designer by trade).

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3t94rtyhvel5 ... YBKLa?dl=0

I really hope you consider making a change like this as it would speed things up greatly (I have many folders to check for duplicates and the current UI is not that efficient when it comes to actually deleting selections.

I also submitted a support ticket for this, sorry if that wasn't the right place to ask for feature requests, but it's a pretty small change I think.

Anyone else here desire this feature? Weigh in if so!

Best,
Joseph
therube

Re: Feature Request: Add delete button to the toolbar or somewhere outside of the tab.

Post by therube »

Is your Delete button then intended to (at that point) delete files - based upon existing 'File Removal' settings - without actually bringing up the 'File Removal' tab, so a "just go ahead & do it", kind of thing?