Sad to see my Favourite Software STILL has not improved in Version 5 (even after Updates)

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
maniacbone

Sad to see my Favourite Software STILL has not improved in Version 5 (even after Updates)

Post by maniacbone »

Today i was really happy to see that two new updates are available.... but to make a long story short: i will still rather use Duplicate Cleaner Version 4 as it is in EVERY WAY better in performance and handling than version 5....

I donts miss anything in Version 4 as i can not even "test" new features version 5 has to offer. So i can not miss what i dont know.

The Program is unusable after finding results. Nothing helps to change this (no matter what view i select/deselect) its just a laggy hot mess for me.
Scrolling is basically non existent as the programm seems to freeze when i zap one line up or down in the results.

Version 4 works better where i could have more than 1 million (!) results, where version 5 is already stuck with 100k results of a simple
"ignore content - check same filename" search....

I really dont get what the issue is and why the software turned so bad with version 5. I am really not a picky guy but i wouldn't had paid if i had used the programm before buying the Upgrade blindly.

If i could ask for one favour i would ask you guys to make a version 4 with the features you introduced in version 5....i know it sounds funny this way (and sad at the same time)

@digitalvolcano : i do not know how to put in words what i would want you to help me with.... i really want to like (and use) version 5 but i just cant use the software and its really sad because i LOVE your software and i use it very very often (version 4!!!)
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Sad to see my Favourite Software STILL has not improved in Version 5 (even after Updates)

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Have you tried factory resetting the program in the Settings screen after the update?
It shouldn't be slow with the default non-grouped list - you may have the preview column or the thumbnail view engaged.
maniacbone

Re: Sad to see my Favourite Software STILL has not improved in Version 5 (even after Updates)

Post by maniacbone »

i will try the reset... no matter what view options i have selected/deselected it was slow