Feature request: Launch a new instance from selected items

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
wwcanoer

Post by wwcanoer »

I'd like to do a fast search on name and then be able to select items to then open in a new instance to compare byte-by-byte

Currently, I can save the name-search, note the interesting directories, and then relaunch.
wwcanoer

Re: Feature request: Launch a new instance from selected items

Post by wwcanoer »

Similarly, sometimes it would be useful to pass selected results to another program. i.e. a sync program or visual folder comparison program. (Obviously need one that accepts command line input.)

Essentially have a custom export dialog where a user can enter and save (allow multiple configs):
Prefix text:
Middle text: (repeats between each directory)
Suffix text:

Export to text file: (or directly run the command?)
"Prefix text" + Directory1 + "Middle text" + Directory2 + "Suffix text"
"Prefix text" + Directory1 + "Middle text" + Directory2 + "Middle text" + Directory3+ "Suffix text"

For Syncovery, an example is:
Syncovery.exe ADD /Name=”Documents Backup” /Left=”C:\Users\Me\Documents” /Right=”D:\Backup\Docs” /L2R /Deletes /ReplaceNewer /MaxParallelCopiers=2

Beyond Compare example:
bcomp.exe @nameofmyscript.bc somefile.txt otherfile.txt

(I haven't been using the syncovery command line but I'll add this to my excel spreadsheet. I export a list of folders from a WinCatalog search or SpaceObServer similar folders search, sort/calculate the list in excel, have a macro to rename/move folders (ex. consolidate all "DCIM" folders in one place), and then manually enter into Duplicate Cleaner, but silly me, why don't I use the command line for that?! I haven't tried the Duplicate Cleaner command line yet.)