Duplicates Cleaner Crashes Repeatedly

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
pcamblin

Duplicates Cleaner Crashes Repeatedly

Post by pcamblin »

Yesterday I spent a long and intimate day with my new Duplicate Cleaner Free Version 4.1.2 APP, downloaded from the Microsoft store to my Dell running Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 (build 19041). Our relationship got off to a stormy start, and she's walked out on me repeatedly (on startup, when reloading the last search list of 23k items scanned from an external hard disk). I sought counsel from your support group, and after exorcising her .data demons was able to coax her back into my life where we are again successfully scanning smaller sets of 10k duplicates. However, be it because of her own uncertainties or other, she refuses to show me her full treasure, and again runs out on me, crashing as she goes when I try to see beyond her first page. She is really beautiful and I believe has a lot to offer, as do I, but cannot see betrothing her a ring until we can get her beyond that which plagues her. Your continued counsel is eagerly awaited.
therube

Re: Duplicates Cleaner Crashes Repeatedly

Post by therube »

What search parameters are you using?
Do the crashes give any error messages?
Did you try clearing the "db" & or hash/metric caches?
Does DC work as expected on a very small data set?
How much CPU/RAM is DC using when it crashes?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Duplicates Cleaner Crashes Repeatedly

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Nice description!
Another thing to try is downloading the regular free version (not the App store version).

https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/dcdownloads.html
(scroll down page)