Search goes well, but delete stops at around 1% and hangs

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Horgrimm

Search goes well, but delete stops at around 1% and hangs

Post by Horgrimm »

Hi, sorry if this is a duplicate post, but am having trouble with a running delete job.

Hardware: Dell T30 Server (16 GB ecc RAM)
Operating System: Windows 2016 Std
Data: 191,613 duplicate files in 5414 duplicate folders (656 GB data)

I previously ran multiple search scans and deletes on 7 different attached USB hard drive enclosures with roughly 7 TB of data to sift through. This took a good deal of time (about a week), which I'm not opposed to, just glad it appeared to work well. I'm down to the final USB Drive plus two locally installed hard drives. USB drive is plugged into a USB 3.0 port, and the full scan completes after many hours (successfully each time), showing 191,613 duplicate files in 5414 duplicate folders (656 GB data). However, each time I try to run the delete, it goes only as far as 1%, hangs and refuses to go further, even when I leave it to run for a couple of days. I've rescanned the same three locations successfully each time, but am still running into the hanging delete at 1%. I've paused/unpaused the delete job as well. This seems to happen regardless of running the program as an administrator, checking the "skip problem files" box, and even the unchecking/checking the delete options (Delete to recycle bin or via Windows Shell). Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Kiwiruss

Re: Search goes well, but delete stops at around 1% and hangs

Post by Kiwiruss »

Did you sort this out ? I am having the same problem.