Splash Screen

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
ElderP

Splash Screen

Post by ElderP »

I recentely purchased Duplicate Cleaner Pro. Love the program and use it many times a day (I am an avid photographer).

Everytime I start the program, the splash screen is displayed for 5-6 seconds.

Can you add an option to the paid version to not have this delay?

Thanks.

Steve
therube

Re: Splash Screen

Post by therube »

Guess that begs the question, is the Splash a "splash" or is it more a "busy indicator"?
As in if there were no Splash, would the program interface actually load quicker?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I've checked this out and the program (or the .NET Framework) is actually working in the background while the splash is being displayed.

It is set to display for 2 seconds minimum, but obviously stays up longer because it is doing stuff behind the scenes working (8 seconds on my system).

So I don't think you'd see a difference in loading times if the splash was removed. You'd have the same delay but nothing to show the program is running. It would only make a different on a super-fast system where the program can load in less than two seconds.
ElderP

Post by ElderP »

Thanks for the reply. I guess we are at the mercy of Windows 10? I'm using a high end laptop with an SSD drive and am shell executing Duplicate Cleaner from a program I wrote with "Above Normal" process priority. (ElderP misses the speed of XP) :P