Strange standby behavior

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.

Strange standby behavior

Post by 00 »

Wondering if anybody else experienced this after coming out of standby. My last run of DC did not find a huge number of duplicates that I knew existed. So I cleared the cache and re-ran the scan. It still did not find those duplicates. I exited DC and restarted it. The database reloaded, showing the prior search, but this time it showed all the duplicates. Apparently something happened to the state of the database while in RAM in standby that a re-run did not fix. It took a reload from disk to fix it. Anyone else experience this?
therube

Re: Strange standby behavior

Post by therube »

So you did what...

Ran a scan
It completed
Left Duplicate Cleaner open

Then put your computer to sleep

On awakening...

You visited Duplicate Cleaner's Results, & not all the expected dups showed up?
And these would have been dups that did exist prior to putting the computer to sleep?

I cleared the cache
Jog my memory (& without me looking), how (heh)?

re-run
Search parameters remained the same throughout?

What version of Duplicate Cleaner?

I haven't noticed anything like that.
If something like that is happening, only thing I could guess, is that the sqlite file is being left in an invalid state, sometimes on sleep or something like that?
SQLite's Use Of Temporary Disk Files
Am I thinking of the correct application here? (Or maybe v4 is using sqlite db, but not v3? Can't check 4 ATM.)

Post by 00 »

Thanks for the help.

Yes, your understanding of my experience is correct.

I have DC Pro v.3.2.6

Clear Cache is located in 'More Options'->'Scanning'

Without knowing the depths to why (I presume the SQL DB file in RAM is somehow corrupted while in standby), the easy solution seems to be to exit DC and restart it after coming out of standby.
therube

Post by therube »

v.3.2.6
v3.2.7 has been out.
SQL DB
Does not apply to v3.
(Don't recall offhand if it does to v4?)
the easy solution seems to be to exit DC and restart it after coming out of standby
While it may be a "solution", if there is an underlying problem, it should be fixed :-).

Post by 00 »

While it may be a "solution", if there is an underlying problem, it should be fixed :-).
Thoroughly agree. The first test should be to see if the problem can be recreated. I haven't done so, but will try to do. I just posted the problem wondering if others had experienced it.

Thanks!
therube

Post by therube »

Am I thinking of the correct application here? (Or maybe v4 is using sqlite db, but not v3? Can't check 4 ATM.)
Must have been thinking of something else. Does not apply to Duplicate Cleaner (3 or 4).
therube

Post by therube »

Had a thought... on resuming from sleep, might you have inadvertently set a filter on the results, such that while all results were there, only some displayed (were visible).

Post by 00 »

Nope. No filters. I cleared the cache too. Will try to recreate when I have the time and report back
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

The database behavior has been tweaked in 4.0.1 - this should fix this.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1649