Getting a "SQL logic Error" message

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Miro

Getting a "SQL logic Error" message

Post by Miro »

Hello,

I'm taking a chance here since i couldn't find any topics or FAQ that relates to the problem I'm having in the 3.2.2 version of this, otherwise fine and useful program.
After updating my old 2.x - version of "DC" to 3.2.2, I'm no longer able to scan using the "Comparison by percentage" function in the program.
When I specify "any" %-parameters in the regular search mode, under similarity i get the following error message:

- Error in Scan Process: SQL logic error or missing database near ",": syntax error -

After clicking "OK" the program stalls for a moment, and afterwards either crashes or returns to the main program window.

I've tried to reinstall the program, but it didn't solve the problem... What to DO? - Is there anywhere I can find an earlier version, and make a rollback until the issue gets fixed?

THX
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Getting a "SQL logic Error" message

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Sorry you are having trouble - it tests OK here. Can you try it with the log file turned on (More Options), and dump the log here? Might have a few clues.

Here v3.2.1 - let me know if it helps.
http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/downloa ... up_321.exe

thanks!
Miro

Post by Miro »

Hey,

Thanks for your reply...

I made the program run with the log activated, using the settings that seems to course the program error (See the dump below). It didn’t result in much info, but I hope you can make something out of it.
Also, uninstalled DC entirely and reinstalled ver. 3.2.1. But… the result was the same – A “no go” (logged below)

-///-

LOG ver. 3.2.2
14-11-2013 19:28:43
Scanning: Regular Mode
- Similar Content 80%

Included: *.*
Excluded:
D:\MIRO\Privat_Samlemappe\USB4GB_KOPI\ - Included

14-11-2013 19:28:56
Error in Scan Process: SQL logic error or missing database
near ",": syntax error

LOG ver. 3.2.1
14-11-2013 19:56:23
Scanning: Regular Mode
- Similar Content 80%

Included: *.*
Excluded:
D:\MIRO\Privat_Samlemappe\USB4GB_KOPI\ - Included

14-11-2013 19:56:33
Error in Scan Process: SQL logic error or missing database
near ",": syntax error

-///-

I found an even earlier version – DC ver. 3.0.1. Out of curiosity I installed this one. Made the program run, using the same parameters as in ver. 3.2.1 and 3.2.2. The result was a Success..! DC ver. 3.0.1 started and finished without any problems.

I was starting to wonder if it was my PC that caused the problem, but if it runs ver. 3.0.1, I don’t think it’s “system related”. So, for now I have to settle with 3.0.1.

If you need any further info just write. Hope you figure it out for the upcoming versions, I would hate if this is the end for me using DC.

Thanks -
Miro

Post by Miro »

Sorry, just a correction on the last post.

The version I got to work was v3.0.3, not 3.0.1...
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the info-

Is it possible to get a copy of your duplicatecleanerpro.data file (after running a failed scan),so I
can test the issue here? It's in C:\Users\[YOUR USER]\AppData\Roaming\DigitalVolcano\DuplicateCleaner on Windows 7. It shouldn't be too big if you haven't done huge scans, and will zip down.

thanks!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Update: This issue has been identified and fixed, and will be in release 3.2.3.

It only occurs on 'Standard - Similar %' scans, and on machines with certain localizations (e.g. Spanish)