Problem with new Duplicate Cleaner

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Wizzard

Problem with new Duplicate Cleaner

Post by Wizzard »

Hi,

Firstly I want to say that I love your software and use it every now and then for the past few years.. i've used Text crawler and Duplicate Cleaner.

I've come across a major problem with the latest version of Duplicate Cleaner.. the free version.

It takes very long to install and open on my pc.. and my pc is not a slacker or an old pc.. i'm using and i7 processor on a decent motherboard with 8gigs of Ram.

Yet for such a small program.. Duplicate Cleaner v3.2.1 takes way too long to start.

So i decided to uninstall it and load an older version. I searched the net and finally found some older versions.

But when i started the installers.. i found that all of them since v3.1.6 start up slow... the installers that is.. not the program itself.. I didn't bother to install them... because i think v3.2.1 actually froze up my computer.. so i din't want to go through that again. I just installed v3.1.5 and it starts up fine..

I do know that Duplicate Cleaner does take a bit of time to start up.. but not too long.. just a few seconds on my pc.. but with v3.2.1 it was taking almost a minute...

and the installers from 3.1.6 up.. take increasingly longer to start up....

I just thought i'd let you know that there seems to be a serious problem with Duplicate Cleaner since v3.1.6.

I am not a beginner user.. and am pretty decent with pc's etc.. being in the IT field myself... and i keep my pc clean of viruses.. and reinstall my pc every once in a while when it starts to run slow.. so i'm pretty sure its not a problem with my pc or software, etc..

Just thought you ought to know.

Thanks.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Problem with new Duplicate Cleaner

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does starting it up from the command line or bat file with the following flag help?

Code: Select all

duplicatecleaner_setup.exe /NOCANDY