Image Mode search not working

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
privatecaller3877

Image Mode search not working

Post by privatecaller3877 »

I am working on very large (50GB) image folders sorting out dups. I first ran a regular mode search to remove all with the same hash and that took away 5000 dups. i am trying to get rid of the the remaining 3000 dups i still have according to Picasa. I ran a image mode search at 99% similarity and it took a few hours for it to calculate the image metrics for all of them but it found about 3000 dups.
I closed down the program for a min and i tried rerunning the search but it is coming up with ZERO dupes
this is the log file

8/18/2013 4:28:27 PM
Scanning: Image Mode
- Image 99%

Included: *.*
Excluded:
E:\MAIN\ - Included
E:\tags\ - Included

8/18/2013 4:31:37 PM
Scan Complete
Total Time Taken: 00:03:09
20056/20056 Files Scanned (47.6 GB)
0 Groups of duplicates
0 Files have duplicates(0 Bytes)

I have image caching turned on so it makes sense that it shouldn't take a few hours but 3 min is way too fast.
Any Ideas?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Image Mode search not working

Post by DigitalVolcano »

3 Minutes is probably not unrealistic when running on already cached images.

Had you not deleted or changed anything before re-running the search? It sounds odd that it no-longer finds any duplicates.

You can reset Duplicate Cleaner (and the cached information) by renaming/deleting the duplicatecleanerpro.data file in your D:\Users\[**Your Username**]\AppData\Roaming\DigitalVolcano\DuplicateCleaner\ folder. It would be interesting to see if it picks up the duplicates again after a 'factory reset'.

thanks.
DCDC

Post by DCDC »

Hi! I had the same problem with the 3.15 version when working on huge folders (40 GB) with different type of images (PNG and JPG).
The first search is efficient and find a lot of duplicates, but if you scan again (without deleting anything of course) it does not find anything.
The only way to get the duplicates again is to clear to image cache of DC... which means you need to recalculate everything each time you analyze...
This happens whatever the option in the image search mode !

I managed to get rid of this bug by downgrading to 3.0.9 which works correctly. I'll try the new 3.2.0 version and see if the problem persists.

I am on Win8 Pro x64 for information.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Hi,
If you are still having this problem is there any chance of sending me your CuplicatecleanerPro.data file? (It's in C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\DigitalVolcano\DuplicateCleaner). This would be most helpful after you've ran a full scan (the second time) and it finds nothing from the cached data. Thanks!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Anyone else having this problem? Would be useful to gather some cache files for testing.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

OK, I've identified this problem - it's due to a bad entry in the cache file (i.e. an image that was corrupt or unreadable on the original scan). This bad entry then affects any subsequent scans.

This will be fixed in version 3.2.2!