Directory tree not expanding

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Directory tree not expanding

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does DC find the missing folders in the scan if you set the scan to start at the parent folder?
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

DigitalVolcano wrote:Does DC find the missing folders in the scan if you set the scan to start at the parent folder?

Great question. To find out, I tried to put the same 'dummy' file in every folder of each drive in question. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of folders. SOOO, I did a sampling ... and ran DD for that file from the very top of both drives.

DD found all of them. Sooo, I would venture to answer the question with a YES .... and thank you for your support.

EDIT:

In spite of this positive behavior .. DC still does not display the tree correctly .. which impedes the usefulness of the product to me.

I have since found another product .. it works completely and proper. I really like DC ... but with this 'bug' or 'problem', I have had to give it up for another product. Too bad .. because I also paid to upgrade it to PRO recently.

I post this edit only to show that one product works while DC doesn't .. and if I can help DV to fix the problem, I will be glad to do so.
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

Just wondering ... the ONE drive that does not display properly is a 3TB hard drive. Wondering if that could be the problem.

Any comments??
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Not sure. I haven't got a 3TB drive to test. I'm logging this as a bug though - and will look at getting the way it scans for folders in the directory tree browser changed to be the same method it uses in the scan process itself (which seems reliable)
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

I think it is more a problem with pogoplug drive(S) rather than that particular drive. I say because while there are two PP drives involved, one's folder tree does not present at all, .. and the other presents SOME of the tree.
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

It's been over a month. Any progress on this problem? Just upgraded PRO to 3.2.2 hoping it got fixed .. . but alas .. no.
EDIT:
Don't know if I ever mentioned it .. but a couple of versions back the FREE DC worked. Not sure what ver it was though
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

No progress yet as I haven't managed to replicate the problem. DC Free (all the way back to v2.0) has the same way of finding the folder tree, so I'm not sure why it worked then.

I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but does running DC as administrator make a difference? (Right-click on shortcut, select 'Run as Administrator').
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

DigitalVolcano wrote:.....but does running DC as administrator make a difference? (Right-click on shortcut, select 'Run as Administrator').
No difference. I am going to try ejecting those drives and reinitialize them ... good and proper . but I don't think that will make a difference. If it DOES, .. will come back here and update.

Thank you for your continued help.
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

Finally resolved. Not sure what was wrong, but FACTORY restore to that computer, ... and DC Pro is working perfectly.