Regex Error

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
magicd0n

Regex Error

Post by magicd0n »

I am evaluating Duplicate Cleaner Free 3.1.4 and considering buying pro.
I'm trying to mark files to delete based on a regex for the filename column, but no matter how simple or complicated the regex I use I get the following error:
Error matching text pattern: SQL logic error or missing database. Insufficient parameters supplied to the command

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Regex Error

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the report. I can confirm there is an issue with the RegEx matching in Select by Text (i.e. it doesn't work) in both free and pro. Will get it fixed for update 3.1.5.
Sn3akyP3t3

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 »

I have used Duplicate Cleaner Free about once every 2 years for various cleaning needs. I find it superior to anything in open source due to the GUI, Features, Layout of data, group delete idiot check, and regular expression text pattern option. When I attempted to use it today I found it had discovered an update. Usually I find that updates don't completely kill a particular feature in any given product. As you mentioned this is not the case with Duplicate Cleaner. The select by text with Regex is completely crippled which would have saved me at least an hour of matching directory paths had it worked.

Furthermore I was unable to find any supported link to an alternative version of the application to revert to a previous working version.

Lastly, I find it acceptable if the latest version is not made available to the public for the free version as an advantage to paying customers, but in this case I find it unacceptable that the current free version has a feature that is completely crippled and no alternative version is provided as a workaround such as latest or previous known working. Please correct that! I have no need for the Pro version because none of the listed features I can make use of nor do I wish to pay $30 for a piece of software I use infrequently despite how useful I find it for a short period of time. My reasoning is quite simply that I can't afford to pay every software company that I find limited use a flat $30 fee simply due to lack of budget to support that lifestyle. I turn to open source mostly in those cases if possible. Please correct this deficiency.

I don't want to sound like I'm unappreciative of this software! I simply find it unfair under the mentioned circumstances and can't afford to purchase pro.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

@Sn3akyP3t3
I appreciate your concerns. The two versions should be kept roughly in sync but the release of Free 3.1.5 was delayed due to work on the new website. The RegEx feature was broken since 3.1 when the engine was changed.
3.1.5 Free update out shortly!