Duplicate Cleaner Pro 3.1.3 Update

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Duplicate Cleaner Pro 3.1.3 Update

Post by DigitalVolcano »

-Added 'Exclude Path' to right-click path selection menu
-New option to ignore file extension in same/similar filename criteria
-SHA-512 Hashing added
-'View log file' added to View menu
-Bugfix: Settings save issue
-BugFix: Prevent zip files with long path names throwing error
-BugFix: Minor criteria display issue

http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/download.html
Bernie

Re: Duplicate Cleaner Pro 3.1.3 Update

Post by Bernie »

Thank you for this update.

However, I found this bug that did not exist on 3.0.9

I selected files by location 3 times and got rid of many files, including the 2 I had in group 0
my very first group is 3

then I select a file and Mark all Duplicates of this folder elsewhere (context menu)
when try to deleting duplicates, I receive a warning that I have 1 group with all files selected.
Jump to group will not work, group is 0 and does not exist.

I am sure you can fix this bug easily, and it is not even a serious one if we know what we are doing.

Performance of this new version is much better than any previous version, congratulations!

Scanning:
65201 files in 260 folders (83.2GB)
Scanning: regular mode,same content

Took 07mins, 08 secs (great!)
8647 files have duplicates (about 14.7GB)

Kindest regards,
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the bug report, glad you like the new version.

The 'Group 0' bug is fixed in the upcoming v3.1.4.
dupcleaner45

Post by dupcleaner45 »

I just upgraded to version 3.1.3 of duplicate cleaner pro. I notice a severe regression from previous version which makes this update useless.

After upgraded I found out that everytime DC does not find a file (when moving duplicate files to a specific folder) it will do a popup which has "124" written on it (with OK and Cancel button) and the move (file removal) progress would stall until I press the Ok button. In my data I have lot of html pages. Each html page has an associated directory which windows will automatically move or delete whenever the main html file is moved to deleted (these directories contains some gifs, jped, jss, style files used by the HTML page); this is standard way in which html pages are stored by IE. DC does not understand this logic and it would give error about ".gif, .cgi" etc files are not found when trying to move or delete - but that was fine earlier as all those error would be displayed at the end of move or delete process.

In older version I used to get a overall summary in the end about some file DC failed to move or delete but with 3.1.3 I get a pop-up for each such file which DC does not find. Needless to say I am very frustrated with clicking "Ok" hundreds (300-400 times) of time when earlier DC would just ignore those error and continue. It is big time waste because the progress would just stall if I don't click OK and I have to sit through the whole process.

Please provided me a download link to the older version so that I revert my DC to previous version,
dupcleaner45

Post by dupcleaner45 »

I am running into same dialog box as mentioned in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1147
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

If you try the beta mentioned in that thread it fixes the dialog box issue:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1147