Feature / suggestion thread.

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jsoctus

Re: Feature / suggestion thread.

Post by jsoctus »

It seems the scan feature compares ALL files by content even when "Same File Name Only" is checked in the search criteria. If this is true, scanning time could be considerably reduced if it only did file content comparison for files with the same name - or other selected non-content-related attributes, such as same time, etc. that could limit the number of content comparisons significantly.
Thanks!
cbulthuis

Groups with all files marked

Post by cbulthuis »

First, thank you for a pretty sweet utility.
Second, I have a suggestion: When all files are marked for deletion I am warned (good), I can then click the "Groups with all files marked" button to see the groups and jump to them (good). Could you either make the "All groups" dialog non-modal (I think that's teh proper term) so it floats and can be used to show the next group int eh list without going back to the button over & over? That, or you could put forward & back arrows on the main screen to skip ahead to the groups with all files marked and not even need the pop-up at all. The forward/backward arrows would be disabled if no groups had all files selected...

Thanks again!