D C Pro forum access

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
drew

D C Pro forum access

Post by drew »

Purchased Pro version

A few things

The paid version of Duplicate Cleaner should be advertisement free, and without a pop-up asking if you want to register an already registered version?

It takes a while to gain forum access. Even Now I get this message
Duplicate Cleaner Pro Support
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
Nothing will turn off a new customer faster than blocked access. Maybe white-listing the e-mail addresses of purchasers, or allowing them to sign up using their registration code, so they can have immediate access would be a good thing.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: D C Pro forum access

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for purchasing! The paid version shouldn't show the pop-up once the registration code has been entered. If it is there is something wrong - can you confirm it is still doing this?

I agree the forum registration process isn't obvious - we are working to streamline this.
drew

Post by drew »

Here is a screenshot confirming the registration pop-up. (digital-volcano-registration)

I'm glad to see that the ad is gone in the Pro version. Edit* Spoke too soon - was using NoScript

As you can see from the screenshot, for someone who is not paying attention this ad looks a lot like a download from the software program. I admit to being annoyed, I had several projects going at the same time, wasn't expecting an ad the paid version, clicked on the ad to update and was caught off guard. (digital-volcano-ads01)
Last edited by drew on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drew

Post by drew »

Your attachment thumbnails don't seem to resize - may be gd-library, thumbnail size set to 0x0, or other http://www.phpbb.com/search/?q=attachments

DigitalVolcano wrote:I agree the forum registration process isn't obvious - we are working to streamline this.

It is access by administrator approval. If no one is online to approve then...

You could use a captcha question and a code sent with purchase. A simple mod to phpBB
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Yep, that window shows by default - you can disable it in the options. This behavior will be off by default in the next update.

You can see an ad because the update checker launches the DV website. A proper update checker that doesn't require a website visit is planned.