Features to Consider

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Duckeenie

Features to Consider

Post by Duckeenie »

It would be useful to set a folder as been "critical" so that the files present in it were taken into account when searching for duplicates but marked/flagged as critical in the results so that we can quickly see which is the preferred file to keep without having to rely on file paths.

It would also be useful to be able to see instantly which MP3 file has the highest bitrate to make it much easier to decide which to keep.

I realise the information is already present in the form of text to be able to do the things mentioned above, but reading the information this way is quite tiresome for the eyes when working with hundreds of files.

Thanks for listening.
DV

Re: Features to Consider

Post by DV »

Good Ideas, thanks. I did have something in mind similar to the labelling of critical or important input folders.- will try and implement.
Duckeenie

Post by Duckeenie »

Just found the selection assistant in 3.0, Just popped by to say thanks!
justbob

Post by justbob »

Suggest adding a few features.
1. Allow selection of non-duplicate files- This helps determine which files need to be backed up and helps to find unique files that are not identical.
2. Add a BackUp feature- User selects the target "backup folder" and the source(s). Duplicate Cleaner finds the unique files (non-duplicates) and then copies them to the BackUp Folder.
3. Creating scheduled tasks would be awesome too. Your software I trust to do this best!

Comment: Excellent software! Just trying to help you to make this even better. I trust your software would perform these tasks best, since you would eliminate making unnecessary duplicates. Thanks!