System Requirements for DC ?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
paniccom

System Requirements for DC ?

Post by paniccom »

Just wondering what version of Microsoft .Net Framework is required to run this pgm. I have NF 4 client profile and NF 4 extended, which I believe covers all of the latest NF downloads, but the trial version of Dup Clnr 3 would not install; it says NF is not installed. What is the version necessary? v2 ?
therube

Re: System Requirements for DC ?

Post by therube »

I'm only guessing, but I'm going to say 2.0.
AFAIK .NET 3.5 includes 3.5 & 3.0 & 2.0 (which is what I have installed, & DC 3 works).

(I do not have .NET 4.0 installed.)

.NET 4.0 may or may not be compatible with earlier versions & seemingly in order to use 4.0 (alone), the application needs to be compiled appropriately.

Does the .Net Framework 4.0 Installer include the .Net Framework 3.5?
DV

Post by DV »

therube is correct, DC requires .NET 2 minimum, and runs fine on 3.0, 3.5. It's not currrently flagged as fully compatible with 4.0, so you will need to install 3.5, which i believe runs fine alongside 4.0.
paniccom

Post by paniccom »

Thanks to both of you. I installed NF 3.5 and the pgm ran fine. BTW, when the NF installer was finished, I checked add/rem pgms (winxp) and saw the following new entries:
MS NF 2.0 Service Pack 2
MS NF 3.0 Service Pack 2
MS NF 3.5 Service Pack 1
I guess they're all necessary or else it would have just showed 3.5. Kind of odd, after being used to most pgms just using the most current version when installing. I had NF 4 Client Profile installed before adding 3.5. It was the latest and I think the most bare min. version of the .Net series, and I only added it because paint.net pgm required a NF install and that one worked. I'm finding now that the 3.5/3.0/2.0 setup keeps causing lots of updates to show up (auto updates is on). They're all security updates. Kind of wish Dup Cleaner didn't require a NF install, or at least if v4 worked.