Great product, many thanks!

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Ed-S

Great product, many thanks!

Post by Ed-S »

Several times over the yrs I've looked for a good duplicate file utility - haven't had one since Quarterdeck "Clean Sweep" became obsolete.
Found your program a few days ago & have been putting it through it's paces, seems to be exactly what's needed.

I have been computing for 20+ yrs & have accumulated a fair pile of drives with data - much of it is transferred as I've gotten larger drives - then theres the backups!. I never delete a thing unless POSITIVE it's backed up to at least two drives. This has eventually resulted in thousands of files duplicated many, MANY times over. Although well organized, it's become a digital nightmare & I've no idea how many copies of things are strewn out over all those hard drives,

Anyway, it looks like Duplicate Cleaner will be an important tool in my plans to straighten it all out & I wanted to say how much I appreciate it!

Thanks again,
Ed
Ed-S

Re: Great product, many thanks!

Post by Ed-S »

Just a correction - it isn't thousands of files. After reviewing the first few drives, it's HUNDREDS of thousands of files! And these drives were never primary system drives, this is ALL data, no OS or programs!.

The goal is to better organize it all & get it down to 3 copies per file - a master & onsite / offsite backups. The options you include in search criteria are helping tremendously to break this into managable sections.

Ed
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks, glad you are finding it useful!
olafmar

Post by olafmar »

Yes, this program is very good, probably the best. Is there a way to make a donation?

Could you also make a Mac OS X version? :)